Updated Statement from The Orthopaedic & Spine Center of Southern Colorado regarding Elective Surgery and COVID-19 (5/7/21)
We are continuing to care for our patients at The Orthopaedic and Spine Center of Southern Colorado through the Covid-19 pandemic. Thank you for your patience throughout 2020 and 2021 as we continue to take precautions during the COVID-19 crisis. Our priority is patient safety and well-being. To ensure the safety of our patients, their families, and staff, we will continue to:
- Screen all of our surgical and procedural patients during the preadmission testing call with a registered nurse and day of surgery or procedure.
- Mandatory pre-surgical or pre-procedural Covid-19 testing of all patients.
- Screening of our staff, medical staff, and vendors daily per CDC guidelines.
- Provide masks for all staff, patients, and their one responsible adult to wear in the surgery center.
- Properly clean and disinfect all areas of the surgery center following guidelines from the Environmental Protection Agency and the Centers for Disease Control.
- Encourage social distancing by patients, staff, and vendors.
- Limit the amount of people on our floor by having your responsible adult drop you off and pick you up to reduce unnecessary contact with others.
- Practice universal masking and proper use of PPE to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Patient and staff safety is our number one priority. The actions we have shared above are all in place to make sure we are doing everything possible to limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and provide the safe, quality care our patients need. If you have other questions or concerns, please contact your physician’s office or Orthopaedic and Spine Center. Our staff can help answer any questions or concerns you may have. You can reach the Orthopaedic and Spine Center at: (719) 282-8888.